BUSINESS ETHICS POLICY
- Integrity – Newmay will maintain the highest possible standards of integrity in business relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Bribery – The Company will not condone the offering or receiving of bribes or other such facilitating payments to any person or entity for the purpose of obtaining or retaining business or influencing political, in accordance with Bribery Act 2010.
- Competition - Newmay are committed to free and fair competition and will compete strongly but honestly complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in every country in which we operate.
- Confidentiality and accuracy of information - The confidentiality of information received in the course of business will be respected and never be used for personal gain. False information will not be given in the course of commercial negotiations.
- Conflict of interest - Any personal interest, which may prejudice or might reasonably be deemed by others to prejudice, the impartiality of employees, must be formally declared to a member of the Management Team. Examples of this include owning shares in business partners and personal or family involvement in trading contracts.
- Business and/or hospitality gifts - Other than items of very small intrinsic value, are not accepted. Employees who receive hospitality must not allow themselves to reach a position whereby they might be deemed by others to have been influenced in making a business decision as a consequence. However, giving and receiving reasonable business-related products, marketing materials and entertainment are permitted.
- Sustainable Procurement - Newmay is committed to procuring sustainable, ethical and responsibly sourced materials, good and services. This means, where possible, Newmay takes into account the social, economic and environmental impact purchasing has on people and communities, locally, regionally and globally.
- Fair Trade Policy – Newmay, where possible, raises awareness of and procures ethical and Fair Trade certified products.